Linux Administrator: Responsibilities and Duties:
- Install, configure, and upgrade Linux and Windows servers and related tool sets in a distributed data center environment using both physical servers and virtual hosts.
- Diagnose, troubleshoot, and repair systems related problems across multiple platforms in tightly coupled distributed environments.
- Perform and automate day to day operating tasks with scripting languages (shell, perl, etc.)
- Optimize, maintain, and update systems for optimum performance and security.
- Generate detailed technical diagrams and documentation.
- Design and implement system monitoring solutions to ensure performance and stability of production environment.
- Assist with implementation and maintenance of enterprise wide backup operations using BackupExec / NetBackup.
- Assists with various system administrative tasks as needed to support multiple test and development environments.
- Provide administration and support for source code control (SVN) environment.
- Provides administration support for defect tracking tool (ClearQuest) environment
Desired Skills & Experience
- Expert working in Linux systems environments including systems monitoring and scripting (shell, perl, etc).
- Ability and willingness to support a live 7x24 environment which may include second and third shift availability.
- Strong commitment to quality, customer service and on-time task completion.
- Ability to work independently and also as a team member in a fast-paced environment.
- Ability to coordinate and prioritize multiple projects, and shift rapidly between them while driving all toward completion.
- A strong work ethic, expressed through the willingness and ability to acquire new skills, multitask, and take on projects outside immediate areas of expertise.
- Solid, demonstrated problem solving skills coupled with excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to work with a development staff, providing both support and systems-level recommendations as needed.
- Good knowledge of products and tools for all aspects of system management, including backup, network and system monitoring, scripting, automation, and security.
- Good knowledge of RAID and experience with SAN’s and related products for disk management (EMC and DELL preferred).
- Ability to work with hardware and software vendors in complex technical and troubleshooting scenarios.
- 7+ years Linux system administration experience in commercial production environments.
- Experienced and highly-functional in a command-line Linux environment.
- Experience with backup & recovery concepts, scenarios and tools, Symantec BackupExec / NetBackup preferred.
- Experience with server virtualization, high availability computing, disaster recovery planning and implementation, and development environments.
- Experience with administering SVN (preferred), CVS, and/or any other configuration management system is a plus.
- Experience with defect tracking tools (ClearQuest preferred) is a plus.
- Experience with Perl is a plus
- IBM DB2 knowledge is a plus
- IBM Websphere knowledge is a plus
- Java technology (an understanding of J2EE, JSP, JDBC, EJB, Servlets and Struts) is a plus Education:
- Degree with emphasis in Computer Science or equivalent experience.
Equal Opportunity Employer
To apply please email resume to: Careers@TobiasSystems.com