Windows Server Administrator: Job Description
Handles engineering, operations, and support for all desktops, laptops, and the infrastructure supporting said desktops and laptops across the Network organization. The position requires both hardware and software experience, and is a hands-on server administration role.
- Complete management of the lifecycle of assigned servers
- Involvement in the quote, purchase, receipt, installation, connection, and configuration of new servers.
- Maintain documentation relating to the status and support of all assigned servers.
- Involvement in the decommissioning, uninstallation, and reclamation of end-of-life servers.
- Installation and configuration of the Windows operating system on servers.
- Perpetual installation of operating system and application updates
- Planning and execution of application upgrades
- Configuration of backup on assigned servers
- Restoring data as required by the customers of the application or data
- Performing routine audits to ensure all data is secure and backed up
- Provisioning and management of storage
- Installation, Replacement, and Management of storage disks and arrays
Diagnose hardware/software issues; Open, follow up, and maintain related support cases/RMAs with hardware vendors and resolving software-related problems while maintaining group and industry-standard SLA's.
This operational group through its work will be pivotal in ensuring company and industry-standard SLAs for infrastructure server up-time, break/fix, and vulnerability management.
Desired Skills & Experience
- BA/BS in Computer Science, Electrical Engineering, or equivalent work experience is required.
- 3 to 5 years experience administrating Windows Server, Active Directory, and/or backup and recovery applications and procedures is required
- 3 to 5 years experience in systems administration on Windows platforms for large-scale, mission critical applications, including some experience with large-scale disk and tape technologies.Knowledge of network connectivity issues, project management skills, and experience with a SAN environment also highly preferable
Equal Opportunity Employer
To apply please email resume to: Careers@TobiasSystems.com